W. D. MURRAY, banker and merchant, (Rep.) delegate Grant Co.; b. June 2, 1870, Ft. Laramie, Wyo;
s. of Timothy and Bridget Murray; came to New Mex., 1880, with family locating at Fort Selden; educ. St. Michael’s college, Santa Fe. and Christian Bros. School, St. Louis, Mo.; served as telegraph operator short time at Fort Bayard and clerked at government trading post until 1892; established merc. bus, in Central. N. M., 1897; pres. Silver City Nat. Bank; director Silver City Savings Rank; pres. Grant Co. Tel. Co.; Pres. Silver City Water Works; owner and director various firms and institutions; has extensive cattle interests; chairman county commissioners Grant Co., 1901-5; mem., New Mex. senate, 1907; mem., Elks, K. of C., K. of P.
Address: Central or Siiver City. N. M.